It has been a busy week so far for 500 Days of Summer. Another batch of pics has been posted by Fox Searchlight, following yesterday’s post of exclusive photos.
Continue reading below to see three more gorgeous 500 Days of Summer photos!April 17th, 2009
There was a Q & A with the 500 Days of Summer cast and crew at South by Southwest last month. The video of that was recently posted and Flickr user edshull has just uploaded some photos from the event.
Click the photo below for a short slideshow!April 9th, 2009
Thanks to James Wallace from gordon and the whale dot com for filming and posting the Q&A that followed the 500 Days of Summer screening at South by Southwest. “Check out their post-film Q&A for what not to do if you are in a giant theater and you want to ask Zooey D. out on a date.” The panel consists of writers Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber, Matthew Gray Gubler (who plays Paul), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zooey Deschanel, and director Marc Webb.
Some of the topics that are covered include some of the inspiration for the film, how some music was chosen and symbolism behind the color blue. Definitely a Q&A directed to people who have already seen the film (obviously) but enjoyable either way!
Just over 18 minutes. Video after the break below.March 29th, 2009
There has been a huge amount of activity on the web about 500 Days of Summer as of late. This is a great thing because it means more people are discovering the movie and being positively affected by it. It’s very difficult to find anything negative written about 500 Days of Summer… mostly people eagerly awaiting its wide release along with people who have seen it at film festival screenings. It may be hard to believe, but I’m actually not one of those lucky few who have seen it yet! (I’m working on it though ;-)) If you have seen 500 Days, send me an email and I’ll see if I can put together some of your reviews to post right here!
Here is some of the recent activity around the web about 500 Days of Summer:
- Jospeh Gordon Levitt signed up for twitter, so if you’re looking for someone to follow…. @hitrecordjoe (and don’t forget about me, @500daysofsummer.)
- The Philly CityPaper has posted a really enjoyable interview with Scott Neustadter, the screenwriter for the film.
- IFC.com has also posted a detailed interview with “The Boys of Summer” Marc Webb and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It’s an interview that will pretty much get you up to speed with 500 Days of Summer if you’re just joining us.
- A ten minute video Q&A with Marc Webb at the Philladelephia Film Festival has just been posted at streettalkin.com. Please chime in the comments to let me know what it’s about… I’m at work and haven’t had a chance to actually watch it (with audio) yet!
- The Inside Searchlight blog by Fox Searchlight has posted some quotes about 500 Days of Summer from critics as well as the stars and filmmakers.
- A cute little analysis of the trailer from a blog with links to listen to the songs from it.
- Philly.com columnist and film critic Steven Rea writes a short review of 500 Days of Summer after checking it out at the Philly Film Festival. 3/4 stars.
- The greatness of Matthew Gray Gubler cannot be argued so here is a link to a couple of short and sweet videos of Matthew.
- The Palm Beach International Film Festival has announced 500 Days of Summer as its closing film on April 27th. (pbifilmfest.org)
- The Phoneix Film Fesitval will be airing 500 Days of Summer on April 8th. (buy tickets)
- The Atlanta Film Festival is screening 500 Days on April 21st. (tickets available)
- You can listen to a sampling of songs from 500 Days of Summer in a mix I made at 8tracks.com. You can also play it right from the sidebar.
Phew that was a lot! Did I miss anything?January 29th, 2009
A bunch of cool photos have just been released from the “500 Days of Summer” Party at the EW Lodge during the Sundance Film Festival. The party happened on January 17, 2009 in Park City, Utah. This is a great look at some of the key cast that we haven’t seen a lot of photos of so far.
Check the captions for details on who’s in the photo and, if they’re an actor, what character they play.