500 Days of Summer weekend updates
There has been a huge amount of activity on the web about 500 Days of Summer as of late. This is a great thing because it means more people are discovering the movie and being positively affected by it. It’s very difficult to find anything negative written about 500 Days of Summer… mostly people eagerly awaiting its wide release along with people who have seen it at film festival screenings. It may be hard to believe, but I’m actually not one of those lucky few who have seen it yet! (I’m working on it though ;-)) If you have seen 500 Days, send me an email and I’ll see if I can put together some of your reviews to post right here!
Here is some of the recent activity around the web about 500 Days of Summer:
- Jospeh Gordon Levitt signed up for twitter, so if you’re looking for someone to follow…. @hitrecordjoe (and don’t forget about me, @500daysofsummer.)
- The Philly CityPaper has posted a really enjoyable interview with Scott Neustadter, the screenwriter for the film.
- IFC.com has also posted a detailed interview with “The Boys of Summer” Marc Webb and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It’s an interview that will pretty much get you up to speed with 500 Days of Summer if you’re just joining us.
- A ten minute video Q&A with Marc Webb at the Philladelephia Film Festival has just been posted at streettalkin.com. Please chime in the comments to let me know what it’s about… I’m at work and haven’t had a chance to actually watch it (with audio) yet!
- The Inside Searchlight blog by Fox Searchlight has posted some quotes about 500 Days of Summer from critics as well as the stars and filmmakers.
- A cute little analysis of the trailer from a blog with links to listen to the songs from it.
- Philly.com columnist and film critic Steven Rea writes a short review of 500 Days of Summer after checking it out at the Philly Film Festival. 3/4 stars.
- The greatness of Matthew Gray Gubler cannot be argued so here is a link to a couple of short and sweet videos of Matthew.
- The Palm Beach International Film Festival has announced 500 Days of Summer as its closing film on April 27th. (pbifilmfest.org)
- The Phoneix Film Fesitval will be airing 500 Days of Summer on April 8th. (buy tickets)
- The Atlanta Film Festival is screening 500 Days on April 21st. (tickets available)
- You can listen to a sampling of songs from 500 Days of Summer in a mix I made at 8tracks.com. You can also play it right from the sidebar.
Phew that was a lot! Did I miss anything?